Saturday, July 23, 2011

Time to head back to school

As the summer winds down to a close I'm already thinking about all short people that will soon fill my days.  I'm usually ready to head back to work by this time of the break and this year is no different.  What's there to do when it's so hot outside anyway?
I look forward to all the smiling faces, the sweet hugs, and the silly jokes shared with the kids.  I love that my job offers kids the time to socialize - talking and laughter make each day sweet.  I love that I have the opportunity to teach children how to make better decisions about the foods they eat.
This summer has been a productive one.  I taught the newest nutrition employees of Columbia County during ONE, I attended my first National Conference for the SNA, and I had the pleasure of training another new manager who I know will do an awesome job.  I hope that my love of school nutrition is contagious.  It's such a blessing when one is able to go to a job they truly enjoy each day.  I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment